In today’s post I will be reviewing; Making Memories Clear Stamps; Card Making Set
I admit it, these were an impulse buy as I really liked the designs. In the past I have not had a good experience with Clear stamps and generally avoid them. These looked good quality and styles that would suit many occasions.
- Self Cling to acrylic blocks, no need for extra cushioning. (I use funky foam under the card I stamp onto, for the cushioning)
- Clear design allows for precision positioning
- Very fine detail
- Easy to use, don’t need as much pressure to stamp the image as you do with rubber stamps.
- These do work ok with Dye based ink as well as pigment ink
- Self storage on clear sheet, includes a printed index sheet for reference and also a folder so you can store them in a ring binder.
- I wouldn’t use permanent ink with clear stamps as the cleaners are likely to damage the stamp.
- I wouldn’t use this style of stamp for ironing techniques i.e Fantasy fibres/films. The excess heat would damage them
- Keep them out of direct light as this will damage the stamp. (Also true of rubber stamps so not a big disadvantage)
Excellent! I lifted just the edge of the stamp and then ‘walked’ it off the backer sheet to avoid stretching the stamp and it behaved wonderfully. My previous experience with another brand, was that the stamp stuck fast to the sheet and tore when I tried to use it for the first time. Use gently when you stamp and the image doesn’t distort.
Value for Money
Excellent, especially given the storage sheet, index sheet and storage folder insert that the set comes with.
Would I buy it Again?
Yes, I’m looking out for other designs in this range too.
As with many items, products that look similar are NOT created equal. I had a big ANTI thing going for clear stamps as the previous set I tried; repelled dye ink, tore when I tried to remove them from their own packaging and stained badly. There seems to be a very wide choice of clear stamps available, it seems you just have to try various brands till you find one that works for you. Some stamps in some brands are very soft and squishy, if you press them like you would for a rubber stamp, the clear stamp squashes and you get a terrible result.
The Making Memories Clear stamps are excellent quality and stamp really well, keeping the fine detail of the design. Come back on friday for some top tips for getting the best from clear stamps.
Making Memories Manufacturers site.
Making Memories; Clear stamps including a video Demo
If you can’t see a direct link to these stamps, type ‘clear stamps’ into the search box on the Making Memories site you should get them come up on the list.
Best wishes and thanks for reading, see you soon