In today’s post I’d like to share a tutorial for how to make quick n simple tags for your gifts. After spending time making wonderful handmade cards, wouldn’t it be nice to finish the package with a co-ordinating tag? Here are a few ideas for how to create tags for your gifts.
You Will Need
- A4 Card stock
- Cutting Mat
- Craft knife
- Metal Ruler
- Crop A Dile or other hole punch
- Thread or ribbon in co-ordinating colours.
- Corner rounder
This weeks film is all about creating some base tag shapes on which to create. Once you learn the concept you can alter the dimensions to create tags of any size. You can now create tags from your favorite cardstocks, in your favorite colours too.
- Cut a rectangle of card to the size and width of your choice
- Using the grid on your cutting mat as a guide trim off the corners from the two top edges of your cardstock
- Use a corner rounder for a smooth finish to the ends of your tag.
- Finally use your hole punch to punch a hole at the top of the tag, and use pretty ribbon or baker’s Twine for a retro style to finish your tag.
Coming up in Part 2; Decorating your tags
This weeks film was all about creating some base tag shapes on which to create. In Part Two of Quick & Easy Tags, I’ll show to add a selection of toppings for adding decoration and dimension to your tags.
I hope you have enjoyed this tutorial, do leave me a comment with a link to your finished tags it would be nice to see what you make.
Best wishes and thanks for reading, see you soon