In today’s post I’d like to share a picture of a card I made recently.
Stamps: Anna Griffin, sentiment & corners. Katzelkraft Floral stamp
Inks; Tim Holtz Distress inks
The base card is hammered so it is a textured surface, the text stamp I used was clear and the ink I stamped it with was Distress ink, for these reasons, in some areas the ink skipped out (didn’t stamp). Rather than ditch the card, I chose a similar toned pigment ink and stamped the text again. The pigment ink, clung better to the stamp and stamped perfectly. Rather pleased the original ink went a bit wrong, as this new technique looks a lot like a shadow and makes the text look 3d.
I should add that shadow stamping wasn’t a technique of my own invention, Barbara Grey has shown it on C&C a few times, and it was remembering that which gave me the idea of trying to add a pigment ink to the background. Looks good though, doesn’t it.
Have fun and don’t forget, there’s no such thing as a mistake in stamping, just a new opportunity to try a different route :) Even if some elements of a card go terribly wrong, you are sure to be able to save some parts to use again on another project.
Best wishes and thanks for reading, see you soon