In today’s post I will be reviewing; Hobby Craft; Craft PVA
- Manufacturer/Brand; Hobby Craft; Craft PVA
- Item number;
- RRP at time of writing: £2.99 for 500 ml (other sizes available)
Reason For Buying
I was looking for a general purpose PVA for paper crafting and one that was good quality and available in larger quantities for ‘hobby’ bookbinding too.
- Good quality PVA
- Dries quickly, especially in warm conditions
- Available in larger quantities
- Works well on paper, card, mattboard and grey board
- Can be watered down to extend drying time and to use it as a glaze.
- Haven’t got any, it does everything I’ve asked from it very well.
Excellent. I’ve used this to make slip covers for small books with grey board and its held the board extremely well. It also worked fine to assemble gift bags too.
Value for Money
Excellent, small bottles available to try it to see if you like it, and larger ones for better value for bigger projects.
Would I buy it Again?
An excellent all round glue for paper crafting. My top tip, if you are buying the larger size bottles; get some small fine nibbed empty bottles too and decant some of the glue into those. This lets you use the glue for more detailed work and stops whats in the bottle from drying up to fast by having it open for too long.
Store this at room temperature, don not let it freeze.
Here is a link to the online store which will help you find a store near you or to shop online.
- Hobby Craft This is the UK online store.
- Hobby Craft; Craft PVA 500 ml Also available in; 250 ml and 1 litre bottles.
Best wishes and thanks for reading, see you soon