In today’s post I will be reviewing the; Avon Box Easel
- Manufacturer/Brand; Avon
- Item number: Unknown
- RRP at time of writing: £19.99
Reason For Buying
I wanted a small table top easel that wouldn’t take up too much space to store but be stable in use. Since my sketch book is A5 and I tend to work on this size of paper for my painting too, a lot of easels have been too large and also very heavy.
- The angled part of the easel folds flat for storage and has a latch to keep it closed.
- Comfortable handle
- Feet underneath so it doesn’t scratch your table in use
- Secure, well-fitting latches for all opening/folding sections
- Sturdy handle
Just a niggle not a deal breaker.
- Since it has a handle you can carry it by one of the short ends, little feet or some protection for the opposite end would have been nice in case you want to put it down.
Good. The handle and latches ar brass fittings and sturdy. You want to treat it nicely for it to last well but I’m not one to mistreat my tools so its fine.
Value for Money
Excellent. I like the portability and the storage option. I could dispense with some other bags and just use this on a sketching trip.
Would I buy it Again?
I love this easel! I work on small-scale paintings so don’t need anything larger. Folding flat for storage is a very helpful feature of the easel. The built-in storage space is big enough for essentials and I think I’d try using this on my lap on sketching trips too.
If you want something small, not too heavy but sturdy I’d highly recommend this easel.
Best wishes and thanks for reading, see you soon