In today’s post I will be reviewing; Royal Langnickel K4 Palette Knife.
- Manufacturer/Brand; Royal Langnickel/ Artists Palette Knife
- Item number; #LK-4P
- RRP at time of writing: £4.50
Reason For Buying
I have been very happy with the plastic set of palette knives I’ve been using so thought it was time I upgraded to the metal version, now I’m using them so much more.
- Lightweight in the hand
- Comfortable wooden handle
- Flexible blade
- Easy to clean blade
- Perfect shape for applying and blending paint and mediums.
- Not a deal breaker, just a niggle, but the lettering on the handle comes off. This is only a niggle if you were wanting to replace the knife in the future and couldn’t remember it was a K4 or the brand. The text is also slightly embossed into the wood, so hopefully that will survive the life of the blade.
Great. The handle is super smooth and very comfortable in use. The blade is quite flexible and not scratchy like some metal knives I’ve had in the past.
Value for Money
Great. a reasonable price for a great little knife.
Would I buy it Again?
Yes. In fact I already have bought a spare as its become a favorite tool and I’d hate to be without it.
Love the versatility of the shape of this knife. If you have a pot of paint/medium its great to dig out material that hides under the edges of the pot. I love the option of a broad or narrow areas on the blade too. The flexibility of the blade makes all kinds of marks possible.
I highly recommend you try one.
Best wishes and thanks for reading, see you soon