“It’s all About the Journey rather than the destination”
I originally designed this challenge for the forum that I post on www.stampingmadforum.co.uk as at the time I did not have a blog. Now that I do have a blog I would like to share this challenge with you on here too. This is a completely different style of challenge to those often seen on blogs, to find out more read on.
· To get us using products we already have in new ways.
· To get us to try new products or new techniques.
· To share our journey, swapping tips and ideas rather than aim for a finished product.
How it will work on the blog
· 10 Challenge Themes will be set at the start of the year and posted.
· At the end of each month I will be posting the theme and full details for the following month’s Challenge.
· Links to information about using the products or techniques will be listed.
· A range of options within the Challenge will be listed, for various skill levels.
· Anyone wishing to join that months Challenge can sign up using the comments section of the post and let us know what they will be trying.
· During the month we discuss in that thread how we are getting on. What we have learnt and any problems we are having. Others involved can then offer suggestions for solutions.
· At the end of the month anyone with a finished sample of their efforts that they wish to show the group, can post a link to their pictures.
Who is the Challenge for?
- Any ability; only the general theme is set, exactly what you do and how you do it is your decision.
- Any style of crafters; there will be all sorts of Challenges not just for the stampers.
Challenge posted on forum; May 2008
This month’s challenge is embossing. Try a variation that is new to you, or use your product in a new way. Here are some variations that you could try.
Dry Embossing: This involves a stencil and ball tool, you will need a light box or a clear table to put a light under to enable you to see your stencil through the paper.
Heat Embossing: Stamp your image; cover it with embossing powder and heat to melt the powder. There are many types of powder available.
Triple Embossing: This is where you add additional layers of Embossing Powder on top of existing ones while the earlier layers are still hot. This creates extra dimension.
Intaglio: Where a stamp or other object is pressed into a surface to leave an impression. In this case into a triple embossed tile for example.
Sign up below to join this Challenge and tell us what you are going to try. During the month let us know what you have learnt and how it is going, good or bad. I’m hoping we can share ideas, tips and advice along the way.[THIS IS AN EXAMPLE please wait till June’s theme is posted to sign up J]
‘It’s all about the Journey’
This challenge is about what we learn along the way rather than trying to have a finished card or project at the end of each month.
Have fun and enjoy the journey.’
I will be posting the June2008 Challenge details in the next few days. Just need to get a few more links to add to it 😉
Best wishes and thanks for reading