This tutorial is intended to be read in order, if you have not read the earlier parts, please click here to take you to the introduction. From there you will find links to all the parts of this tutorial. https://billiescraftroom.wordpress.com/2008/06/10/tutorial-moo-card-holder-featuring-the-scor-it-board-part-one/
If you have read the earlier parts of the tutorial you will now have;
Folded the pages for your book
It is now time to create the covers for your book.
12. Place your decorative cover paper pattern side down on the table. Cover your matt board piece with gue and place it in the centre of the piece of decorative paper. Press firmly and ensure the paper lies flat to the board.
13. Run a line of glue along the edge of the board and spread this out to the edges of the paper. Bring the decorative paper up and over the matt board and smooth flat.
14. On the ends of the matt board run the bone folder up across the edge of the paper as shown, to form a little crease. This will give you a neat fold on the ends. Be GENTLE it is very easy to tear wet paper.
15. This is what the crease will look like.
16. Repeat steps 13-15 for the other long edge. Your project will now look like this.
17. Repeat steps 13 on both the short ends and your project will now look like this.
18. Repeat the entire process for the second piece of matt board and you will now have both your covers ready for assembly.
If you have used a wet glue such as PVA to adhere the cover paper;
- Wrap each cover seperately in waxed paper
- Place both the covers under a weight at least over night, but until they feel dry before you proceed to assemble your book. This will prevent your book from curling.
You are now ready to assemble your accordian book. When you are ready please follow the link to read Part Four; https://billiescraftroom.wordpress.com/2008/06/10/tutorial-moo-card-holder-featuring-the-scor-it-board-part-four/
Thanks for reading