This tutorial is intended to be read in order, if you have not read the earlier parts, please click here to take you to the introduction. From there you will find links to all the parts of this tutorial. https://billiescraftroom.wordpress.com/2008/06/10/tutorial-moo-card-holder-featuring-the-scor-it-board-part-one/
Here is the first installment of the instructions for how to make a Moo Card Holder.
To follow this tutorial you will need;
- One strip of card 4cm x 64 cm
- Two pieces of matt board or heavy cardstock 5cm x 9 cm
- Two pieces of decorative paper 7cm x 11 cm
- Photo corners, mine are clear and self adhesive
- Piece of ribbon 48 cm long
- Double sided tape
- Glue I used PVA but if you could use a glue stick or wheat paste, depending on the type of cover paper you wish to use.
All the pieces assembled and ready to go.
I will be using a Scor It board for scoring the lines in this project. If you do not have one yet, you can still follow along and score your lines using a scoring tool and ruler.
1. Score your long piece of card at 8cm in from one end. Move the paper across the board until the scored line is level with the 8cm mark and score again. Repeat this across the whole length of the card. You will have made 7 score lines across your card.
2. Take the left hand end of the cardstock and fold it so the edge of the card lines sup with the centre fold in the card. Use a bone folder to reinforce the score line you made earlier.
3. Now take the same edge, and fold it back on itself, to meet the left hand end. Use a bone folder to reinforce the score line you made earlier.
4. Take the right hand end of the card, fold this to meet the centre fold. Use a bone folder to reinforce the score line you made earlier. Then take the same end and fold it back on itself till it lines up with the right hand end. Use a bone folder to reinforce the score line you made earlier. Your card now looks like this.
5. TURN THE ENTIRE PIECE OVER, but do not unfold anything as you do this. Your piece will now look like this.
6. Fold the LEFT hand edge in towards the centre fold line. Use a bone folder to reinforce the score line you made earlier.
7. Fold the RIGHT hand edges in towards the centre fold line. Use a bone folder to reinforce the score line you made earlier.
8. TURN THE ENTIRE PIECE OVER, but do not unfold anything as you do this. Then fold the piece in half. Use a bone folder to reinforce the score line you made earlier.
9. When you let go, if viewed from above the edges of the card will look like this. A zig zag pattern.
10. Place your photo corners on each page; these will hold the Moo cards in place.
If you struggle getting the photo corners in the right positions try this;
- Put the photo corners on to a blank moo card
- Place the moo card on the page where you would like it to be
- Press the photocorners onto the page to secure them
- Carefully remove the Moo card and the photocorners will be in the correct place.
- Repeat this for the remaining pages.
Now go have a cup of tea and let all that sink in and when you are ready, come back and try Part Three; https://billiescraftroom.wordpress.com/2008/06/10/tutorial-moo-card-holder-featuring-the-scor-it-board-part-three/
Best wishes and thanks for reading