Here is my review of the Crop-A-Dile II otherwise known as Big Bite.
- Long reach hole punch
- Punches holes 3/16″ and 1/8″ up to 6″ in from the edges
- Sets eyelets or Gromlets up to 6″ from the edges
- Rubber handgrip on the handle
- Removable non slip feet
- Adjustable blocks rotate to give you different settings to set assorted sizes of eyelets or gromlets
- Slider on the base ruler gives the depth adjustment
- Tool sits on the desk and can be operated like you would a stapler, no need to support the weight of the tool
- You can use the tool free hand if you wish
- The removable feet mean you can easily store the tool in a slimmer space
- The adjustment blocks for they eyelet/gromlet setting are secure when clicked in place, but easy to rotate to change settings. They stay attached to the tool at all times so there are no loose pieces to get lost
- The adjustment between the two sizes of hole punch and for setting for eyelets/gromlets is all controlled by a sliding tab at the top of the tool, no more fiddly little screw adjusters
- Because the tool is free standing if you wish to use two hands to operate it you can do this. (I have weak hands and did not have any problems using this tool)
Bear in Mind
This tool compliments rather than replaces the original Crop-A-Dile. Although the big bite can set eyelets into any previously punched hole, the hole punch section of the Big Bite will not go as shallow as the Original Crop_A-Dile.
I imagine I will end up buying the dedicated case for this tool, unlike the original Crop_A-Dile this new one is BIG. You could store it in an A4 box with room to spare, or just leave it out on the desk if that is how you work. But if you wish to travel with the tool then the dedicated box will give the tool more protection as it will stop it rattling around.
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=e2_e0999hWA Jazznjava does a side by side review of the original and new Crop-A-Diles
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=uscFiPDbcmY Scrapbookdotcom shows the Big Bite 2
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=3CDznD4Jsj0&feature=related OK I don’t normally point you to shops in the main review but hey just this once. This one is for the US readers
We R Memory Keepers Manufacturers of Crop A Dile’s
To sum up
I love this tool, I loved the original but due to my dexterity issues did find spanning the two handles difficult. The Big Bite being desk based has solved this. I can see mine living on the desk and maybe not needing a case at all.
I bought my Big Bite from QVC UK and that is how I was able to get a pink one. I am not a big fan of pink but I really don’t like orange. (How tragic am I) hehe. It also came with a big pile of the new gromlets in assorted colours, this seems to be only available from the shopping channels with the gromlets included.
Best wishes and thanks for reading, do leave a comment, and if you have any questions let me know and I’ll get back to you