Thanks to a heads up from Glenda over on http://artylicious.wordpress.com/I discovered that Craft Stamper Magazine was having a makeover. I had pretty much given up buying craft magazines a year ago as most of them were aimed solely at beginners, this has a place, but since the demise of Simply Stamping Craft Stamper magazine was the only thing worth buying. I bought Craft Stamper occasionally, only as I am on a tight budget and I had got a bit board since it was £3.95 and I’d read it in fifteen minutes 😦 So I was very interested to see what the new look would do to the magazine.
- Lots of new designers
- So many projects, alongside the main projects which are described step by step there are also many finished pieces with enough information to enable you to make it or a similar card etc.
- Less space given over to advertising
- Arty projects, nice detailed inky projects aimed at the more advanced crafters
- On trend projects. Books and inky stuff are really popular just now and there were plenty of inspirational things to make in this issue.
It is good to see they have kept the best bits of the original magazine
- Hot new products
- Details of what products were used in projects and where to buy them
- ATC Swap
- Special Offers
- Free cover stamp
What I do like is that rather than a quick read, this is now something that every time I go back to it, I find something new that I didn’t see the first time through. Much better value for money and definitely one I’ll be buying again.
If the publishers happen to read this ‘WELL DONE, this make over is a breath of fresh air to the magazine, you have taken the projects to the next level. Have my favorite designers and some great new ones and I love the number and complexity of the projects in the new magazine. It is refreshing to see a magazine aimed at the more seasoned crafter.
Here is a link to the magazine’s preview on-line and to where you can subscribe;
http://www.craftstamper.com/extra/pageflip/CS/99/ This is the preview page. (This link will be time limited to preview the current issue of the magazine. If you read this after the end of July 2008 it may no longer work).
Thanks for reading and see you next time