Here is my review of the Fiskars brand of scissors in their Softouch range. The one’s I am reviewing today are;
Softouch No 8 Scissors
- Size 265 mm in length tip to tail
- Great for longer cuts, blade length 95 mm
- They are light in the hand. They weigh in at 127g
- The scissors natural position is open, you use your hand strength to close them to cut, open your hand and they open with your hand. Essentially they open as far as your own hands do
- Can be used by left or right handed people
- Softouch handles. Rubber grip handles are smooth yet give the comfortable grip they advertise
- Easy to store, they close to a smaller area than taken by regular scissors, 65mm at their widest point
- They would be good if you go to classes as they won’t take up much space in your box
- They have a super silky smooth, very clean cut
- The orange slider holds the scissors closed
- The handle style is a good idea if you have difficulties with ‘normal’ scissors, for whatever reason, especially because you use your entire hand to operate the opening/closing of the scissors to cut, not just thumb and finger.
- The lower handle has a large ‘gap’, it looks like a wrap around handle but there is plenty of room for larger hands to use but isn’t difficult for those of us (like me) who have little hands.
- Ergonomic handles very comfortable
- I have weak hands and can still manage to cut card up to the cereal box card weight without problems. I cannot do this with normal scissors
Haven’t found any yet I love these scissors, they do everything expected and they do it well.
All this is a personal opinion based on how I found these scissors in use. It is a matter of personal preference in all these matters.
*Please bear in mind that I have R.S.I issues, so my hands are weak. Items I have issues with, those without such problems would not necessarily find difficult.
This link will take you to the Softouch range on Fiskars manufacturing site www.fiskarscrafts.com/tools/s_softouch.aspx
Best wishes and thanks for reading