Do you ever sit down to create and find that ideas escape you. This month there will be a series of tutorials to create a deck of cards that will help you out when your inspiration has a day off. Each Friday for the rest of this month there will be another part to this tutorial.
There are minimul supplies needed for this project but it is VERY important that you keep together, any off cuts from each weeks episode, as they will be needed later in the project. I put mine in a clear wallet in a ring binder but as long as you don’t loose them, in a scrap pile with other card, you will be fine.
Today I will show you how to create the base cards for this project.
You Will Need
- 3 sheets of 12 x12″ Card stock the same colour; either plain or with one side plain, as you will be writing on one side
- Scor It board (or ruler and embossing tool)
- Paper Trimmer (optional but easier)
- Craft Knife
- Steel Ruler
- Corner rounder (optional)
- Using a paper trimmer, cut each sheet of 12 x 12″ card stock to exactly measure 12 x 12″. Often they are different sizes and you will get a better finished result if you do this at the start. (Any off cuts from this step may be thrown out)
- Cut two of your 12 x12″ carstock sheets into 3 x 12″ strips
- Cut your 3 x 12″ strips into 3 x 2″ cards
- On your remaining sheet cut off a 3 x 12″ strip
- Cut that 3 x 12″ strip into 3 x 2 ” cards
****Keep all the offcut card for later in this series****
If you would prefer your cards to have rounded corners, use your corner rounder on all the cards to achieve this.
Here is a picture of the cards at this point.
Put the cards in a box and keep them safe for later in the tutorial. Please don’t be tempted to add any decoration, edging or inking yet.
Coming Up in Part Two
In the second part of this tutorial, I will show you how to create a box, in which to store your new deck of cards.
Best wishes and thanks for reading, see you soon