In Part One you created a set of Blank Cards
In Part Two you created a storage box for the cards
Today you will add ideas to your cards to enable them to inspire you on days when your inspiration has wandered off. The first and most important thing to bear in mind, is that this is Your Journey, these cards can be used for ANY kind of creative activity and will have different themes and topics relating to different styles of working. That said if I left you here without a few ideas you would feel cheated so…
For my own cards, this is what I did
I made a list of each of the following;
Pigment ink, Dye Ink, Alcohol Ink, Water colour paint, Acrylic Paint, Pens, Pencils, Chalk
Card, Paper, Stampboard, Wood, Metal, Plastic
Themes of stamps I have;
Birds, Floral, Text etc
Ideas for a finished piece;
Card, Tag, Page, Book, Box, Project (this is a free card you can create anything from this one)
Season’s, Colours, Inspirational Words
From this list I wrote an individual item on each card, continue until you run out of ideas, or cards.
So far I’ve found that by shuffling the cards you can pick out a few cards and create your own challenge. This can be as challenging as using just a single card, which might give you enough to inspire a whole idea. Or by picking several cards you can get;
- A finished project
- A medium to use on it
- A surface to work on or include in the project
- And a Theme to work to
I am considering the possibility of edging these different groups of cards with a different colour pen. That way I can shuffle the cards and choose to pick a particular area and still have the surprise of which one I get.
This is Your Journey
- Taylor the themes and so on to reflect the kind of creative field you follow.
- You could have a different pack of cards for each of the different areas of your style.
- Don’t feel pressured to fill every card, this can be a continuing project that can be added to as you find new products and interests change.
- All the ideas I offer on this blog are just to get you started. If you are just beginning feel free to follow what I do, or for the more advanced take these cards in your own direction.
Here are a few more ideas that you could use, for your cards, just to get you started 🙂
- Layout Ideas
- Colour Schemes
- Inspirational Words
- Products you Have
- Products you want to try; if you picked that card it would give you a reason to purchase the item listed
- Pick A Word; Either put words that have special meaning to you on your cards or just write ‘Pick A Word’ on a single card. If you get this one, open a dictionary at a random page and blind pick a word from that page.
Coming Up In Part Four
Part Four is all about Inspiring a Friend, in their creative journey.
Have fun with this and do let me know how you get on. I’d love to hear if you have made these and what you did with them.
Best wishes and thanks for reading, see you soon