This month the theme for November 2009, for The Virtual Crafting Challenge is;
Lacquers & Glazes
Crystal Lacquer is sold by various companies. It can be used as a dimensional glue, or on top of images to create a 3D glass bead style of effect.
- Mix with a dry mica product to enable you to use it on a wider selection of surfaces
- Use on top of stamped coloured images to give a dimension to the finished image
- Use coloured lacquers to colour stamped images
- Use to create embellishments for your cards
You can create clear or coloured glazes to change the tone or appearance of your original images
- Use a sepia glaze to give a vintage style to your projects
- Use clear glazes to add shine to colours or images
- Mix colour with your glaze for a whole new look.
The idea behind this challenge is to encourage you to use long forgotten products from you cupboard, or to try new ways with them. Try a product for the first time and see if you like it. There is no pressure to create a finished piece at the end of the month, more to encourage you to experiment and play with your products.
This site has tips for using Crystal lacquer
Best wishes and thanks for reading, see you soon