In today’s post I would like to share details of how to create the Star Book, I showed you in February.
The star Book is a classic structure, with links to origami and also to book binding. It is quite simple to make and would be a very charming gift. With a different colour scheme this would also work as a hanging window ornament for Christmas. Would look wonderful in velum.
You Will Need
For the Construction of the Book
- 6 sheets of paper (100 gsm or less) cut to perfect squares. I used Plain Pearl from the Paper Mill Shop
- Craft Knife
- Cutting Mat
- 2 Pieces of Matt board or similar for the covers
- Bone Folder
For Decorating the Book Pages
- Rubber stamps. I’ve used Clarity Stamps CLNC24-E Ornate Corner and CLNC224-C Ornate Corner Small
- Inks compatable to your choice of paper. I used Brilliance Coffee Bean BD-54
For Decorating the Cover
- Versafine ink
- Perfect Pearls in colours to co-ordinate with the project. Iused Bronze
- Ranger Acrylic Paint Dabbers. I used Gold
For Assembling the Book
- Prit Stick, or glue compatible to the paper you used for your pages. A dry glue or double sided tape will prevent pages rippling.
- Ribbon. Colour to co-ordintate to your project.
Here is my video demonstration, to show the stamping and assembly of the book. I was inspired by an original demonstration by Barbara Gray on Create and Craft TV of a very similar book to this one. My book features different stamps to the one Barbara demonstrated in the show, and I have modified her original stamping too.
Clarity Stamp Barbara Gray’s excellent rubber stamp company.
I hope you have enjoyed the film, if you have any questions do leave me a comment.
Best wishes and thanks for reading, see you soon