In today’s post I will share a few ways in which you can create your own white core cardstock. White core card, is great when you want to create torn edges, of a different colour to the main cardstock. It is also ideal for sanding back after the card has been embossed, again for the contrasting colour of the core. It is not always easy, or affordable to get hold of white core card, so here are some ideas for how to create your own on a budget.
You Will Need
- White cardstock
- Dye based ink
- Ink Applicator. I’ll use Cut n Dry foam from Ranger
- Craft Sheet
- Mini Mister (optional)
- Take a small piece of white cardstock
- Place the card on your craft sheet
- Use the Cut n Dry foam to apply ink to your card. For a textured effect, mist the card with a little water.
- Heat set to dry.
- You can also stamp a pattern on to your card, after you have coloured it.
- If you want a different coloured core to your card, start with the cardstock of the desired core colour and colour that.
- To colour larger sheets of card, use Colour Wash ink or Re-inkers diluted with water in a Mister bottle.
Here are a couple of videos that I have posted a while ago, that give you an idea of the ways you could colour your card, whatever the size.
You might want to gather a selection of this kind of card, there will be a video tutorial later this month, that will show you ideas and projects using white core card.
Best wishes and thanks for reading, see you soon