In today’s post I will be reviewing;
- Manufacturer/Brand; Letraset Pro Markers
- Item number
- RRP at time of writing: around £10 for the packs of 5 pens
Reason For Buying
This doesn’t happen too often but this really was a case of peer pressure. Everyone I spoke to was saying how great these pens were. I kept seeing beautiful images coloured with these pens and I admit, I just caved at the temptation. I thought that since these pens were alcohol based they would be good for metal and glass as well as card and would give a more durable option for images I wanted to use on the front of books for example.
- Alcohol based pen so the final image is durable
- Great for blending
- Can be used on Metal/glass and peel offs etc to add colour
- With practice you can get stunning final images
- These pens take a little getting used to; experiment with different papers to improve your results.
- They are a little bit smelly due to the alcohol base (not too bad) but if you have kids or pets, try a single pen before you make a big investment
- The advantage of a durable image that you get with the alcohol ink is negated a little by the fact that you need to stamp your image in a dye based ink. Don’t use permanent ink with these pens or your image will bleed and your pens will pick up the stamped images ink.
Excellent, they are robust. One end of the pen has a bullet tip, allowing colouring in small areas and the chisel end makes colouring in larger areas, easy. The pens have really good fitting lids too.
Value for Money
Would I buy it Again?
I am enjoying these pens so I shall be buying more. Perhaps just the colours I’ll use most, rather than the complete set. I’d buy more though if funds allowed. These pens are worth the hype and attention they are getting. I’m going to see how I get on with these over time and then decide if I need them all. My friends who have tried them have gone on to buy the complete range, they tell me its only a matter of time till I do too. 🙂
Getting Started with Pro markers
Best wishes and thanks for reading, see you soon