In today’s post I will be reviewing;
- Title: How to Make Polymer Clay Beads
- Author: Linda Peterson
- Publisher: Cico Books
- ISBN: 978-906094-43-0
My Reason for Buying
Last year I had a go with polymer clay and it didn’t go that well. I painted my finished beads and although I liked how they looked, they never did dry :( I saw this book briefly in a shop and immediately put it on my wish list. I needed to go back to square one and find out how to use the clay before I could get the best from it. My best friend Glitter Monkey gave me this book for Christmas and I am thrilled with it.
I tell you this as often a review is based on how well the book lived up to the expectations of its reader, for their purpose ;)
The book begins with; Introduction, Tools, Materials and Techniques. After which it moves onto plenty of projects under each technique.
- Chapter 1; Simulating Stone Effects. 21 Projects
- Chapter 2; Mokume’ Gane’ Technique. Three projects
- Chapter 3; Sculpted Beads. 4 projects
- Chapter 4; Millefiore Caning & Skinner Blend
At the back of the book there are templates and lists of suppliers
Value for Money
Excellent! For the amount of techniques and inspiration, it covers a lot in just 128 pages.
Would I buy it Again?
Yes and recommend it to everyone.
This book delivers! There’s nothing I hate more than books entitled ‘The Complete’ or ‘The Bible of X product’ which simply do not deliver.
This book on the other hand has an unassuming title ‘How to make Polymer Clay Beads’ and as the advert says, it does just what it says on the tin. You can make some truely stunning pieces using the instructions in this book but if like me you tend to read instructions as a jumping off point and like to take them in your own direction then this book is ideal. The book teaches you techniques, which once mastered could be used in many ways for all kinds of projects.
- If you have never tried polymer clay and want to find out what its all about, get this book.
- If you just want an ispiring book full of beautiful designs, get this book.
- If you want to expand your techniques with polymer clay, get this book
Here are links to Linda Peterson’s
How to Make Polymer Clay Beads on Amazon (UK)
Best wishes and thanks for reading, see you soon