The Virtual Crafting Challenge theme for May 2011 is:
Die Cuts & Embossing
Great I hear you say, but now what? Well for those of you who would like a few ideas to get you started, here are some colours, products and techniques to help you choose, where you could go with this month’s theme. Feel free to use your own ideas for the Challenge too.
- Brass Stencils
- Embossing Folders
- Die cutting machines; Cuttlebug/ Wizard etc
- Electronic Die cutting machines; Slice/ Cricut/Vagabond etc
- Embossing different surfaces
- Colouring your embossing (Video tutorial coming soon)
- Using dimension with your die-cuts (Video Tutorial coming soon)
- Use your die cuts on Cards/ATCs/ Art Journals/Books etc
The most important thing about this challenge is that you have fun and explore. Don’t feel pressured to have a finished item at the end of the month. Explore different styles and techniques either in person, if you have the supplies, or through research, looking online.
You learn so much more when you take away the rules and just PLAY. Adapt this challenge to a creative style that interests you. Enjoy :)
Best wishes and thanks for reading, see you soon