The Virtual Crafting Challenge theme for July 2011 is:
Great I hear you say, but now what? Well for those of you who would like a few ideas to get you started, here are some colours, products and techniques to help you choose, where you could go with this month’s theme. Feel free to use your own ideas for the theme.
- Try new colours or paint effects
How about trying a different type of paint than you usually use, or adding a different paint into your projects?
- Water colour
- Iridescent paint
- Metallic paint
- Florescent or neon colours
- Glass Paint
- Ceramic Paint
- Watercolour Pencils (its only the ‘holder’ that’s different, it’s still watercolour paint).
- Water soluble wax crayons (its only the ‘holder’ that’s different, its still watercolour paint).
How about using your paint in a new way or on a different surface?
How about trying different techniques with your paints
- Glass painting
- Decorating a ceramic object, a mug or plate, perhaps a tile
- There are lots of metal objects available to decorate.
- How about painting on wood? There are lots of blanks available to ‘alter’
- Mix your stamping and other types of craft with the paint
- There are lots of fabric things to decorate and alter too. How about a t-shirt or shopping bag. Old jeans or jackets.
- How about getting napkins and table mats and decorating those for the patio?
- Decorating terracotta could really brighten up a dark area of the patio.
The most important thing about this challenge is that you have fun and explore. Don’t feel pressured to have a finished item at the end of the month. Explore different styles and techniques either in person, if you have the supplies, or through research, looking online.
You learn so much more when you take away the rules and just PLAY. Adapt this challenge to a creative style that interests you. Enjoy🙂
Best wishes and thanks for reading, see you soon