In today’s post I will be reviewing;
- Manufacturer/Brand; Daler Rowney
- Item number 813500500
- RRP at time of writing: £8
Reason For Buying
I’ve been using this range of sketch book style for years. I usually go for the Blue Wave but I can’t find it in the A5 format so I went for the Natural instead. Its cover looks like handmade paper with leaves embedded in it, but it is a wipe clean cover so fine to take out and about.
- Sewn bound so no pages falling out
- 150 gsm Acid free cartridge paper,
- A5 Sketch book great for location sketching as its robust but not too heavy to carry
- Great for pencil sketches, some ink sketches
- Will take a light wash without cockling too much, but don’t overwork this
- Great with Kuretake pens, no bleed through
- Great for Art journalling
- Havent got any
Excellent! Ive been using these for years and they are always a joy to use and reliable quality. The sewn in pages mean theres no fear of pages dropping out as could be a worry with a glued in page.
Value for Money
Excellent. Not the cheapest sketch book but its quality cardstock, acid free, well bound so worth it.
Would I buy it Again?
A perfect companion for sketching away from home. No ring binding to snag on your bags lining. Keeps its shape well. I Have these in A4,5 and A6.
Best wishes and thanks for reading, see you soon