Last week I reviewed the Me To You (Tatty Teddy) CD and mentioned there wasn’t a crop tool and that although there were options for square project templates, some of the background papers I wanted to use were rectangular on the; All Occassions CD. Well I had a play and found a solution. So today I’ll share a tutorial for how to make square paper from the rectangular one supplied.
You Will Need
- A computer and a mouse or graphics tablet.
- Me To You CD with Docrafts digital Designer installed on your computer.
This is simple, promise, it only looks long as I’m writing EVERY step. Just in case this is your first time with the program.
- Double click on your Docrafts designer to open the program
- Open your blank square page or blank square card by clicking on it from the on screen list
- On the right you see your discs, choose one and click on it. From the list of items on the disc, choose background papers. Pick the one you want to use and drag it onto your project.
When you first bring on a paper it is often larger than your project. Notice the brad like buttons on the corners and edges of the paper, you use these to alter the size. To stop the design on the paper (or image, the same goes for them too), from distorting you need to drag from a corner, any one will do. Lets use the top left corner to keep it simple. Drag by clicking on the ‘brad’ and while holding the mouse button down, move toward the right.
If your background paper is rectangular and you want a square then do the following.
- Say you want to keep a white border around the card and the paper is a mat. Drag the corner to reduce the background paper’s size. You will need to move the paper around on your project, until you have it lined up with the top, the left and the right hand edges.
- Click on the OPTIONS tab. (It’s on the top right of the screen.)
- At the bottom of the list in the options tab is a section called COLOUR OPTIONS.
- Click on the DOCRAFTS DIGI PUNCH ( It has a little butterfly on it).
If your Digi punch and other buttons are grey and don’t work. You just need to select your paper again first. Do this by just clicking on your paper, on your project, then the buttons will work
- After clicking the DIGI PUNCH button a new window will open. From the list choose BASIC SHAPES
- From the shape images, click on the square. It will have a blue box round it when you have clicked on it.
- Click on SELECT
There is now a pink square on your background paper, this is the punch. It will be in the top left of your paper.
- Look for the ‘brads’ in the corners of the punch and drag the bottom right corner down to the right. Do this until the right edge of the punch meets the right edge of your paper. As long as you didn’t move the punch from its starting point, this will now give you a perfect square.
- At the bottom of the page you will see the following buttons; Cancel, Inside, Outside, Done,
- Click on INSIDE then DONE
There you have it square paper
Hope that helps you :) Check out the Digital Docrafts site for their own tutorial videos.
Best wishes and thanks for reading, see you soon.