In today’s post I will be reviewing;
- Manufacturer/Brand; Daler Rowney/ Cryla Heavy Body Acrylic Paint
- Item number Art Code; 128900400 (this actual set is discontinued, the review is essentially for the paint itself rather than the specific set)
- RRP at time of writing: Single 75ml tubes £5.95 – £10.95
Reason For Buying
I had an introduction set of 22ml tubes of these from YEARS ago, that I bought for my late father. I love using them, so I bought this set to expand my pallet. I wanted a reliable quality acrylic paint, which would give me plenty of options for finished results and styles of painting.
Item shown in picture is; Cryla Artist Qualtiy Heavy Body Acrylic; Classic set and contains 8 x 75ml tubes in the following colours; Titanium White, Lemon Yellow, Cadmium Yellow, Cadmium Red, Crimson, Coreulum, Ultramarine, Burnt Sienna.
(This actual set is discontinued, the review is essentially for the Cryla paint itself, rather than this specific set)
- Artist quality Paint
- Large colour pallet to choose from including metallic and interference colours
- Large range of mediums to mix with the paint to create different effects and finishes
- Well known established manufacturer & brand
- Heavy Body Acrylic gives lots of possibilities for finishes
Haven’t really got any, there is still some smell, until the paint dries, but it is minimal with these paints. MUCH less than the System 3s that I had trouble with.
Superb quality and very reliable.
Value for Money
Excellent! This is a top quality reliable paint that is worth the investment. The tubes are metal and look like they will last well. If you are confused by the pricing I quoted at the top of the review, the prices vary dependant on the pigment used in the paint. There are four different series of colours grouped by price, at the time of writing they are as follows
- Series A; £5.95
- Series B; £6.50
- Series C; 8.75
- Series D; £10.95
To see the full colour pallet available and which colour will fall into which price band, please visit the manufacturer’s website, which I’ll link to at the end.
Would I buy it Again?
Yes, these are superb.
I love the quality and versatility of the Cryla range. It blends and mixes beautifully and with the addition of the mediums you have a huge range of options for how the paint looks and performs. Well worth the price and I highly recommend it to you all.
- Daler Rowney manufacturer site
- Daler Rowney Blog
- Daler Rowney Forum
- Find a Daler Rowney Stockist
- Cryla Paint; Colour charts, paint sizes etc
Best wishes and thanks for reading, see you soon