In today’s post I will be reviewing;
- Manufacturer/Brand; Winsor & Newton/ Galeria
- Item number 2190517
- RRP at time of writing: £33
This review is mainly about the paint itself, rather than specifically this set.
Reason For Buying
I wanted to try these paints as an affordable way to build a colour pallet. I hoped they would be fluid enough for One stroke Painting as I want to use them with Sheena Paint Fusion stamps. Wanted to experiment with techniques to see what can be achieved with acrylic paint.
- Quality paint for the price
- Good selection of colours available, including metallic’s (available individually, separately from this set)
- Good selection of mediums to mix with the paint to alter how the paint looks or performs
- Ideal for newbies to acrylic paint
- Will work for one stroke painting
- Super smooth and a joy to paint with
Still a bit of a smell but way less than System 3 by Daler Rowney!!!
Excellent. Paint is superb and the metal tubes for the 60 mls make them robust for storage
Value for Money
Excellent! Quality paint for the price point.
Would I buy it Again?
Yes! I’ll be collecting a good selection of these.
If you want a quality paint but are on a tight budget these are an excellent way to go. There is a superb range of colours available at good prices, the mediums are a good price too and have a huge range of options!
If you want to upgrade from ‘craft’ paint these have the option of all the mediums to give you a lot of scope for altering the appearance and performance of the paint. Really good value for money, go for them if you can.
Please follow the links below for more information about Winsor and Newton, their products and where you can get them.
- Winsor and Newton
- Resource Centre. Colour charts etc
- Where to buy Winsor and Newton products
- Galeria paints and mediums
Best wishes and thanks for reading, see you soon