In today’s post I will be reviewing;
- Manufacturer/Brand; Staedtler; Mars; 780
- Item number; Art no. 780c
Reason For Buying
I wanted a pencil to take out sketching. I chose this one as it has a sharpener built into the end. It means I minimise how much stuff I take out on trips, which keeps the bulk and weight of kit down.
- Really comfortable in the hand
- Good finger grip
- Built in sharpener for leads
- A good weight, without being too heavy
- Metal clip so you can hook it over the edge of a pocket to further protect the lead
- Leads available in a range of tones
Haven’t got any
Excellent. Robust and long-lasting, have had mine about ten yeas and look how good it still looks. Working just as well now as the day I bought it.
Would I buy it Again?
Definitely! I’m thinking of stocking up on a few. I’d hate for them to be discontinued as they are so good.
Perfect for sketching, especially on location. The built-in sharpener means you just extend the lead, pull off the end of the pencil, sharpen the lead and you are good to go. The range of lead grades available is limited but the sketching essentials are there.
Highly recommended. A quality product that works really well.
- Staedtler Mars 780
- 2mm leads
- Find your local website for Staedtler
- Tiger Pens Stock the leads and lead holders
Best wishes and thanks for reading, see you soon