In today’s post I will be reviewing; James Brett Marble Chunky Yarn.
- Manufacturer/Brand; James C Brett. Marble Chunky
- Item number; Colour Number MC6
- RRP at time of writing: £4.50 – 6.00
- Weight – 200g Ball.
- Length – 312m/341 yards to 200g.
- Needle Size – 6mm. Tension – 14 stitches & 20 rows to a 10cm sq.
Reason For Buying
I cannot wear wool as it makes me itch, even if it is very soft or combined with other yarns. The only thing is until more recently there has been little colour options with acrylics. When I saw this yarn, I just had to buy it as it was such a lovely colour way.
- All Acrylic, easy maintenance of finished garment
- Superb range of colours
- Feels luxurious
- Knits up beautifully
- A joy to knit with
- Cozy finished pieces, ideal for hats n gloves etc to snuggle into in the colder weather.
- 200g per ball plenty for smaller projects
An option of a smaller ball in the same colour ways would be good. If you only need a few grams to finish a project, 200g is a big ball.
Just a niggle, not a deal breaker.
Excellent, a joy to knit with. Two DK weight strands are twisted together in the yarn and the colour ways are beautifully done.
Value for Money
Excellent! It may not be the cheapest, but I was very pleased with how many small projects I could make with just one ball.
Would I buy it Again?
Totally, there are so many delicious colours that I will definitely be getting more of this yarn.
I love everything about this yarn and recommend it to everyone. From just one ball I was able to make a short cowl, a long cowl, a hat and a pair of fingerless mittens!!!! With so many colours there is bound to be one you fall in love with too. Having dexterity issues I also found the larger needle size this yarn requires, easier on the hands too.
There is a DK variant of the yarn but not all the colours match the Chunky
Here is a link to the manufacturers and a couple of retailers that also stock the yarn.
Best wishes and thanks for reading, see you soon