Like, I’m sure a lot of others, a holiday this year wasn’t an option. Mind you, given that when we go on holiday that means camping and given the weather, I’m not quite as sad as I was at first. To make up for the fact we will be having a stay cation, I decided to treat myself to some new art supplies and have my very own art retreat instead.
These were the new supplies (thank goodness for Ebay 😉 ) and I dug out some stuff I hadn’t used for a while and some art books from the book shelf that had been neglected and I’m going to art out instead. We all do it don’t we, you splurge and buy supplies then don’t always find time to actually play with it.
Join me for a virtual Art Retreat
Are you stuck at home this year too? Dig out some supplies you have but haven’t used yet, and some of your favourites and let’s have a play. This doesn’t have to be about Art, you can use the concept of any kind of creative activity you love.
You will need
Free downloads of retreat ideas to spark your creative spirit. Print the pages below. (Details of how later in the article.) More downloads to come, later in the week.
For an Art led Retreat:
- Sketch book or paper suitable to the medium you want to use
- Putty eraser
- Pencil sharpener
- Jar of water
- Brushes suitable to your chosen medium
- Your choice of art/craft materials
- Non stick craft sheet (for messy play)
- Your choice of books
- Fancy trying digital creating? Most affordable & user-friendly is Craft Artist software by Serif. Digikits (content is from £1.99) Very affordable, and lots of styles and options
You can of course use the retreat concept for any kind of creative style not just art.
Stuff the rubbish weather, stuff the pollen keeping you in coz of hay fever. Lets have some fun. So who’s with me? Print out the two pages and gather your supplies for S.T.A.R.
How to Use
- Click on the Download image you want to print, to open the picture to full size.
- Right Click with your mouse and choose ‘Save As’ from the list of options.
- Once it is on your machine, you can print it as, is or open a Word Processing programme and insert the image. This will give you more control of the final size of the page.
Leave me a comment to tell me what you are bringing on the ‘STAR’ – Art Retreat
Best wishes and thanks for reading
Billie 🙂 🙂