In today’s post I will be reviewing;
- Manufacturer/Brand; Winsor & Newton: Galeria: Acrylic Medium: Modelling Paste
- Item number: 304o815
- RRP at time of writing: £7.60
Reason For Buying
I wanted to add some dimension to my projects, and experiment with different mediums to see what they could do.
Quote from packaging: Stir well before use. A fine texture paste with a soft yet thick sculptural consistency. Build up depth in layers. Do not over thin with water. Apply with a palette knife and clean equipment with water immediately after use.
- Mixes well with coloured paint, but will lighten colours because its white
- Minimal smell
- Smooth texture – feels like hair mouse but thicker
- Cleans up easily from tools using water
- Dries with a matt finish
- Great size tub with options of nozel for small amounts or unscrew the lid to use with a palette knife.
- Lid fits well and is secure
Haven’t got any. Does what it says on the tin
Value for Money
Excellent, it costs less than the artist quality range, so is more affordable for trying out ideas, but performs well.
Would I buy it Again?
Great for vintage metal and rust effects for adding some dimensional texture. You can stamp into this when it’s still wet or use it over stencils for specific patterns/designs. Great fun to experiment with, a great addition to your creative palette.
Check out the Art tab at the top of the blog for links to suppliers and manufacturers.
Best wishes and thanks for reading, see you soon