In today’s post I will be reviewing; Hobby Gift Knitting Frame. This is a folding Knitting bag on feet that holds your yarn as you knit. It folds shut to store away when not in use.
- Manufacturer/Brand; Groves: Hobby Gift Knitting Frame
- Item number: CB334
- RRP at time of writing: £23.99
Reason For Buying
I have had cloth totes to hold my knitting projects but get annoyed when the sides fall in and you have to haul hard to get your working yarn free. Liked this as it will store project and yarn and folds flat.
- Superb quality fabric. It is Clarke and Clarke Bird Trail fabric but the curtain weight fabric not the very light cotton fabric that other bags of this kind often are.
- Nicely finished wooden frame. The wood sections are all round section and varnished which gives a very beautiful finish.
- Comfortable to carry with the round section handle.
- Looks beautiful really makes you want to create
- Folding flat means it takes up little room next to your chair when not in use
- Having the top open wide and the sides stay out-of-the-way means it is a joy to use.
- No pockets inside or outside the bag. Some other knitting frame have external pockets which are handy for putting little notions into. I am using a zip up make up style bag inside for all the little odds n ends, but a pocket would have kept them from tangling in the yarn as they can do in use.
- I hadn’t realised it was the price it was till after I got it home, I had seen a £12.99 label on one and loving this fabric I jumped at it. Only on further investigation of the tag when we got home revealed the higher price. BUT It is beautiful, I still love the fabric and it is much much better quality than others priced between £10-£20 so it still is good value for money.
Excellent. Upholstery weight fabric should make it last longer. The wooden areas are nicely finished and varnished. Seams are nicely finished too and any raw edges still visible are over-locked.
Value for Money
Good. Given the high quality of the fabric and the good level of finishing it is a fair price for a quality product.
Would I buy it Again?
Yes, I still love the fabric and its pattern and it does a great job.
If you have a knitting friend this is an excellent gift. Great for keeping your knitting projects to hand but out of harms way, stops the yarn running all over the floor and much easier to use than soft sided bags which make knitting life a pain when their sides fall in on your yarn or the yarn escapes.
If you go to knitting groups this is ideal. A beautiful bag and an excellent gift idea. Worth its price tag, the only way they could improve it is with a pocket or two either on the outside or the inside but that is just a little niggle. It’s a thing of beauty that does what it’s designed for, I’m very happy with it and I’m sure any knitter who also loves the fabric pattern would also be delighted with it.
So, how about you, where do you keep your knitting?
Best wishes and thanks for reading, see you soon