In today’s post I will be reviewing; Light Weight Drawing Board from SAA.
- Manufacturer/Brand; SAA
- Item number: DBS Quarter Imperial Light Wieght Drawing Board 431 x 330 mm / 17″ x 13″
- RRP at time of writing: £11.99 or £10.75 for SAA members
Reason For Buying
I wanted a light weight drawing board to make it more portable and to use with my table easel.
- Superbly light
- Great size as I tend to work A4/A5 size paper
- Board has a little flex and give to the surface
- Smooth surface – great for pencil drawings
- Good price for good quality board
- Bit worried about damaging it because it’s so light. So far storing it in the card sleeve it came in. Time will tell how robust it is and I’ll update the review after more use with it.
Great, the drawing surface and edging are super smooth
Value for Money
Would I buy it Again?
This board is excellent, much easier to move around being lighter weight. This means it will be used more often than other boards I have. I was initially worried about the flex to the surface but since using it the effect on my pencil drawing is that it evens out my pressure. Sometimes I press harder than intended but the finished sketch using this board came out with much more even pencil coverage and blending than I usually achieve.
Best wishes and thanks for reading, see you soon