In today’s post I will be reviewing;
- Manufacturer/Brand; Royal Langnickel; Crafters Choice. Otherwise know as Sheena’s Paint Fusion brushes
- Item number:
- RRP at time of writing: £10
- Set contains: 5 x White Nylon Brushes:
- Crafters Choice White Nylon Wash – 3/4″
- Crafters Choice White Nylon Wash – 1/2″
- Crafters Choice White Nylon Shader Size 8
- Crafters Choice White Nylon Round Size 6
- Crafters Choice White Nylon Round Size 3
Reason For Buying
These were demo’ed by Sheena Douglass on Create & Craft, for use with Sheena’s Paint Fusion (one stroke) painting stamps. My best friend gave me a set of these last birthday, I had bought several of Sheena’s stamp sheets and just started with acrylic paint for the first time. I have limited dexterity and these appealed to me for the cushion grip area on the handle.
- Superb quality
- Grippy sections on the handles. Great if you hands don’t work so well
- Easy to clean
- Great set of sizes
- Perfect for acrylic paints
- Springy without being scratchy, soft without being too delicate
- Very comfortable to use
- Match with Sheena’s one stroke stamp sheets if you are getting into that.
- Haven’t got any. It would be nice to see a long-handled version of these too.
Value for Money
Would I buy it Again?
Yes, I use these a lot and they work really well
At first glance and with the name ‘Crafter’s Choice’ I can see some artists walking past these as being cheap and cheerful brushes. It would be their loss. These brushes are superb quality for all round crafting and painting and have performed really well. The balance outperforms Daler Rowney System 3 brushes by a mile!
The sizes in the set are ideal for most projects, don’t be an art snob and miss out. Check these out, if you are bewildered by what brushes to buy and get these. Add any extras you need to AFTER you try them, unless you are painting REALLY big, these cover most projects.
- Crafter’s Companion Hiding under Sheena Douglass tab on the site 😉 see direct link below.
- Royal Langnickel Brushes
A great set of brushes, try them, you won’t regret it, they are fab.
Best wishes and thanks for reading, see you soon