After a sewing session I looked down dismayed at the state of the carpet, covered in threads! If you find yourself in the same situation and also have a bad back so fighting with the hoover or bending down to pick them up is impossible, try this quick and simple solution.
You Will Need
- Pair of scissors
- Parcel tape
- Your feet
- Before you wrap your feet, go to the area where the thread is! Safety first, do NOT use this concept on stairs!
- Sit down then, take your parcel tape and wrap it round the widest part of your foot with the sticky side on the outside.
- Overlap the end of the tape and finish by folding over the end of the tape, to make it easier to remove later.
- If there is a lot of thread on the floor, wrap the other foot as well.
- Now just walk about and the dropped threads will stick to the tape and you don’t need to bend down to get them.
When moving from an area that’s finished to the next, balance on your heels if you can, otherwise fluff from the carpet will fuzz up your tape while you get there😉
When doing a large area, if your tape fuzzes before you have finished. Swing the tape around your foot, so the fluffy side is now on the top part of your foot and the clean sticky side is underneath🙂
Simple eh! Could also be used to pick up beads BUT careful not to do acrobatics in the process and don’t stand on glass or other delicate beads😉 For those, go with foot of tights over the end of a hoover pipe😉
Best wishes and thanks for reading see you soon