Welcome Back In today’s post I will be reviewing;
- Manufacturer/Brand; Staedtler/ Triplus
- Item number: 323 SB20
- RRP at time of writing: £24.50 but cheaper on Amazon 😉
Reason For Buying
I wanted some colours to use with Doodling and struggling with my dexterity I wondered if the triangle-shaped barrels of these pens would help.
- Good selection of colours
- Triangle shaped barrel comfortable in the hand
- The caps fit very well but are easy to remove
- The plastic case is robust and folds back on itself to act as a stand as you use the pens
- Case stays closed for travelling with your pens
- 1.0 mm fibre tip pens, work well on cartridge paper and cover well
- The option of more colours would have been nice, but the range is still good for general doodle style of art
Excellent! The nibs are robust and seem to last well. The firm fitting caps mean if you travel with these pens there is much less risk of the caps dropping off. The case being able to be used as a stand is a nice feature and like the lids is a secure closure but still easy to open.
Value for Money
TBH I would be a bit tight and not want to pay £25 but these were a bargain at just over £11 on Amazon and at that price I am very happy. They are quality and are worth their higher price, I’m just on a tight budget at the moment.
Would I buy it Again?
Yes, they have a finer nibbed version of these pens and I’m looking to get a set of those for working in smaller areas and for lettering.
Superb pens, love them a lot. Great for bold lettering or doodling. Bear in mind they are water based so not ideal for mixed media if you plan to use wet media over the top but that a niggle. Great pens, try them see if you love them too.
Best wishes and thanks for reading, see you soon Billie 🙂