I love Craftsy but get very annoyed at how hard it is to stream their videos smoothly. I tried their suggestions;
- Watch in Google Chrome (this is a must the platform seems to hate anything else)
- Let Craftsy test your connection and choose the best speed at which to send you the video
- Press play, then pause for a while then replay
But it was so much simpler than that in the end.
How to turn off the High Definition option on Craftsy videos
- Use Google Chrome (this seems a must)
- Having chosen let Craftsy decide on the stream rate, then press play on the video you want to watch
- This is the key bit. On the right hand side, just under the video you will see a ‘HD’ logo, meaning the video is High Definition, all you do is right-click on it to TURN OFF the HD. Yey happy dance, it worked a treat!!!!!
When I clicked play the video gave the dotted polo for 5 seconds then the whole video played the smoothest I’ve ever had it play. I was watching upstairs with the laptop on a wired connection rather than WiFi as a usually do but I can arrange to be on that now and then but this simple toggle off of the HD has solved my issues.
So I humbly apologise to Craftsy for my grumpy rant on Twitter the other day, this has allowed me to watch your excellent videos at last. I’d have bought more long ago had I been able to watch them.
To all those people swearing at their computers or cursing their internet and the Craftsy platform I hope sharing this will help you too to get the videos you want to see to work on your PCs.
Best wishes and thanks for reading, see you soon