In today’s post I will be reviewing;
Sheena Douglass; Paint Fusion Stamps
- Manufacturer/Brand; Sheena by Sheena Douglass. Paint Fusion
- Item number; Assorted
- RRP at time of writing: Approx £7 each
Reason For Buying
I saw these stamps demonstrated on Create and Craft by Sheena, after two days of sitting on my hands I caved bought the DVD to learn the painting techniques and all 6 coordinating stamp sets too.
- Unmounted stamps, these are really easy to store and more affordable than wood mounted stamps too.
- The packaging includes tutorial sheet for how to paint the flowers on a wipe clean sheet, allowing you to practice brush strokes right on the sheet.
- The A5 Packaging sheets that come in booklet form, are just the right size to slip into a clear plastic wallet. Really useful and stops you loosing the instruction sheets too.
Easy storage for Sheena's Paint Fusion stamps
- Love the sketchy nature of the designs
- Quality grey rubber
- The images are of different component parts of the flowers, this allows you to construct your own composition.
- The stamps are a good size and would work on many different surfaces to decorate.
Haven’t really got any.
Excellent, being unmounted means they take up minimal storage space and the rubber is a good quality. The stamps are deeply etched which produces an excellent clear image, even on the fine detailed areas of the stamps.
Value for Money
Excellent, if you are on a tight budget you can just buy a single set and collect the range a bit at a time. Each stamp sheet is self-contained and will give you many options for different compositions.
Would I buy it Again?
Yes! I like the versatility of this kind of stamp.
If you have seen Sheena’s Paint Fusion DVD, you are going to want to get these stamps. If you haven’t seen the DVD the designs will work well as stand alone images, for all kinds of creative works. I love the versatility of the designs and their sketchy nature. I like that they are realistic rather than cutsie images. There is also text on the stamp plates which will work well in a variety of projects and some gorgeous swirls that will become firm favorites.
I have stored my stamp sheets in plastic wallets so I don’t loose the instructions but have to admit I stamped out all the images and store the stamps themselves in a box, so I don’t loose any smaller stamps
More storage ideas for Sheena's Paint Fusion stamp sets
I love this new concept that Sheena has come up with, by using the stamps as the basis of the design you can practice the paint fusion techniques without all the difficulties that painting from nowhere on a blank sheet would put you off. This gets you up and running right away.
If you want to try the Paint Fusion techniques but haven’t got the DVD the instrucion sheet will help you get started and is useful to have next to you as you start painting. To get the most from the Paint Fusion concept I would recommend you get the DVD too😉
These stamps are perfect for altered art projects as well as art journals, card making and just about any creative project. You can still use them with your favorite mediums, even if the Paint Fusion painting style itself isn’t your thing. They will look very different on different backgrounds and coloured with different mediums. Their sketchy nature makes them look good with pencils and watercolour paint too.
Go on treat yourself😉
For more information about the products and to find Sheena on the web, please check out the links below.
Best wishes and thanks for reading, see you soon
Read Full Post »