The Virtual Crafting Challenge theme for January 2012 is:
Things I’d like to try in 2012
Regular readers will know that I don’t do New Years Resolutions. Theres enough pressure in the world, why punish yourself by inflicting more. Instead, how about making a list of things you would like to try this year? This might be entirely new things you’ve always promised yourself, or things stashed in the cupboard you forgot you had or never got round to using. This doesn’t have to be about buying things, it’s about making things happen, that you always dreamed of. Reasearch stuff online, find books in the library on topics you want to know more about. If you have a big plan, break it up into manageable chunks and you will be surprised how much difference that makes.
Great I hear you say, but now what? Well for those of you who would like a few ideas to get you started, here are some colours, products and techniques to help you choose, where you could go with this month’s theme. These are things I’d like to try or do more with in 2012. Feel free to use your own ideas for this theme.
- Speed ball Brayer. I have a brayer, ink and paper, its time to give them a go.
- Acrylic Paint. I have a selection of types. Time to get creative with them and see what they can do
- Serif Craft Artist. I love this program and really want to stretch my abilities with it, and make some new projects using it.
- Watercolour paint. I have a selection of paint and really want to learn how to get the best from it and improve my skills with it.
- Glossy Card stock
- One Stroke Painting – Sheena Douglass style
- Watercolouring flowers/leaves
- Jewellery making
The most important thing about this challenge is that you have fun and explore. Don’t feel pressured to have a finished item at the end of the month. Explore different styles and techniques either in person, if you have the supplies, or through research, looking online.
You learn so much more when you take away the rules and just PLAY. Adapt this challenge to a creative style that interests you. So how about you? What would you most like to try creatively in 2012? Ma list on your blog and link back here with your comments, I’d love to hear you are wanting to try in 2012.
Best wishes and thanks for reading, see you soon