Do you Doodle? Or wish you did? In today’s post I will be reviewing; Craft-a-Doodle by Jenny Doh. If the winter blues are getting you down, or your life stresses you out, you need this book.
- Title: Craft-a-Doodle
- Author: Jenny Doh
- Publisher: Lark Crafts
- ISBN: 978-1-4547-0422-5
- RRP: £12.99 at time of writting
My Reason for Buying
Growing up I used to doodle quite a lot, but gave it up for no particular reason. Lately Doodling has become the latest craze and since I used to love it so much, I wanted to see what other artists doodle.
I tell you this as often a review is based on how well the book lived up to the expectations of its reader, for their purpose😉
This book brings together a number of artists and has tutorials/doodle prompts for each of them. The artists included in the book are;
- Cori Dantini
- Gemma Correll
- Carla Sonheim
- Flora Chang
- Corinne Dean
- Dawn Devries Sokol
- Jessie Oleson Moore
- Dinara Mirtalipova
- Julie ArmbrusterStephanie Kubo
- Cynthia Shaffer
- Aimee Ray
- Teressa McFayden
- Hanna Anderson
- Mafalda Laezza
- Pamela Keravuori
- Jennifer Taylor
- Teesa Moore
- Good clear font used throughout the book
- Most of the text is NOT on patterned or textured background, some is in red ink but not too much and some is on coloured panels but the background isn’t mottled so that helps.
- Lots of different style brought together in one publication
- At the back of the book is a paragraph about each artist included in the main book
- Links to artists websites/blogs are in the back of the book
- Details of materials used by each artist are included with the tutorials
Haven’t got any
Value for Money
Excellent, covers a lot of different styles in one book
Would I buy it Again?
You know when you were a kid and saw someone drawing something cool, if you were lucky they would teach you how to do it, then you went off and made it your own.. This book is like that. I like that there are different styles in the book, I didn’t love them all but found lots that I did. I like that there are lists of websites in the book so if you fall in love with a style you can visit the artists site and find out more.
You don’t need much to doodle, if you have a sheet of printer paper and a biro you can doodle. Just bring an open mind and your favorite brew and this book will inspire you to get back to doodling and all the fun and relaxation that it brings. You can get pretty with it with coloured pens and pencils or paints of your choice if you like, but whatever you do, its a lot of fun and will bring a smile to your face. Who doesn’t need that from time to time?
Go get this book, its excellent, you need it.😉
Craft-a-Doodle on Amazon
Jenny Doh; Blog
Best wishes and thanks for reading, see you soon