Welcome to the Retailers & Manufacturers Page
Here you will find a list of links to retailers and manufacturers of textile products and services.
Sewing Machine Manufacturers
The majority of these sites are the UK versions, most offer a store locator and the options of selecting your own country if you are not based in the UK.
- Babylock Embellishers & Overlockers
- Bernina UK
- Brother UK Fixed the link now🙂
- Husqvarna UK or Husqvarna main site choose your country
- Janome UK
- Juki Sewing machines, overlockers & acessories
- Silver UK Sewing machines
- Singer This is the main site, you can pick your country of origin from this page.
- Toyota UK There is a country finder on this link too
- Coates Sewing Solutions Threads and tools
- Fiskars Superb products especially their scissors
- Simplicity UK
- Adjustoform Makers of dress forms also know as tailors dummies
- Kennet and Lindsell Ltd For those beautiful solid forms that you see on the TV and wish you had.
- Burda also if you are buying online check the Burda Sizing chart pdfs
- McCalls Corp USA site. UK Seller; Sew Direct
- Simplicity/New Look
Storage for your sewing machine
- Horn Furniture UK If you love sewing, these cabinets are amazing. They fold out from furniture into a sewing workstation.
- Arrow Sewing Cabinets USA
- Kangaroo Kabinets
- Arrow Cabinets UK
- SewEzi (US) portable sewing tables
- Abakhan Fabrics, & habberdashery as well as knitting materials as well.
- C & H Fabrics Fabrics and Yarns. Friendly knowledgeable staff too.
- Calico Laine Dressmaking Fabrics
- Couling Sewing Machines Have used their Ebay store, very helpful for newbies & questions. Superb customer service
- Croft Mill Online fabric shop
- Short Cuts to Sewing. Debbie Shore’s website has hints tips and lots of help for anyone new to sewing. Debbie makes excellent tutorial DVDs which I highly recommended!
- Debi Birkin Adorable patterns for knitted gifts. Also available on Etsy
- Jaycotts Superb catalogue, lots of detail for helping you choose the right thing, great prices, friendly & helpful. Recommended.
- John Lewis UK Selection of upholstery fabric as well as quilting supplies, good choice of haberdashery supplies too.
- Sewing Online UK
- Sew Mama Sew; Online fabric retailer. Site also has forum and excellent tutorials
- Thimble Lane; Debbie Shore’s (from C&C) online store.
- U Handbag; Lisa Lam’s online shop for accessories for making your own bags. Lisa’s blog has tutorials and free patterns too.
- Purl Soho Fabrics yarns and just a stash haven. Blog
- The Cotton Patch. Fabric retailer
- Threads and Patches. Really beautiful fabrics UK
- Remnant Kings
- Ribbon Emproium
- Papernstitch Great place for handmade shopping. A gallery of stores selling handmade products.
- The Polished Button Beautiful vintage inspired fabric and habby
- Coopers; As seen on Create & Craft TV. I had no problem with the machine I got from them but they have received a lot of bad press.😦
- William Gee Haberdashery, including pattern drafting paper🙂
The Sewing Directory An online site to help you find sewing supplies
- Etsy; Online site where you can buy patterns as well as supplies. A great place to sell your handmade creations.
- Ebay; Online Auction site (UK). Search for your chosen product and bid for it. Buy it now items can be purchased immediately. I have bought some lovely fabric from here. For USA try Ebay.com
- Sew Magazine; Free cover pattern, latest news and reviews for all kinds of sewing fields. UK magazine
- Sew Hip UK based magazine, includes pull out patterns.
- The Sewing Forum A friendly sewing forum on all sorts of textile subjects, from dressmaking, bag making, quilting etc.
Once you start collecting supplies, storage soon becomes an issue. Here are some great ways to organize your stash to keep it accessible and manageable.
- Really Useful Box Company. Fantastic quality plastic boxes, available in a huge range of sizes. Some available as drawers in towers, and you can even get custom combinations of their most popular box sizes made into a tower for you.
Best wishes and thanks for reading, see you soon
We all hate dead links. From time to time sites do change their address, if you find a dead link please leave me a comment to let me know. I will attempt to repair the link or remove it.